Michael Johnson, Program Director
C O N T E N T S
Learn more and apply to the Music Business, Entrepreneurship & Technology program.
In today’s global music industry, the task of recording, producing, mixing, financing, marketing and promoting music is becoming more entrepreneurial than corporate. With this in mind, our new program will give graduates the most up-to-date and comprehensive skills they will need to be successful in today’s music industry.
The curriculum takes great advantage of cross-discipline and collaborative opportunities in the all-arts environment of the University of the Arts. Courses cover the core areas of Business/Entrepreneurship (business, fundamentals, music business and innovation, and entrepreneurship), Technology and Application (recording, live sound and web design), a rich and diverse pool of electives throughout the University, Music (music skills and critical listening), and Critical Studies. Additional study in international business, project courses, and internships maximize career portfolio strategies.
This program is open to students from all backgrounds and experiences, and is now accepting application from creative, highly motivated, resourceful and academically successful individuals with a keen interest in the entrepreneurial music, entertainment, and media business.
Students graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Business, Entrepreneurship & Technology in Music will:
- Possess essential business knowledge in the foundational areas of marketing, communications, and business, contract, and entertainment law;
- Possess essential music business knowledge in intellectual property, music licensing, media markets, and event production and management;
- Possess technological skills in audio production, recording, live sound reinforcement, digital distribution, and web/interface design;
- Possess foundational music knowledge and competencies, the understanding of music form and structure, and critical listening and assessment skills;
- Possess advanced writing and presentation skills;
- Understand e-commerce and be able to identify and use emerging technologies;
- Be information literate, aware, resourceful, and problem-solving critical thinkers;
- Use all of the above as the basis for creative and innovative output.
Program Requirements (120 credits)