Feb 26, 2024
Marcelino Stuhmer, Minor Advisor
C O N T E N T S
The Print Media Minor offers students an opportunity to experience and practice methods through which their work may be developed and reproduced using printmaking and book arts processes. The extensive printmaking facilities make it possible to develop skills in several media related to multiples.
Students pursuing a BFA in Fine Arts with an emphasis in Expanded Drawing + Print Media are not permitted to enroll in this minor.
- Students demonstrate independent, creative problem solving and original thinking through the development of a distinct and personal approach to art making informed by contemporary issues and historical precedents.
- Students demonstrate critical and conceptual development through research and analysis, applying readings, theories and methodologies toward the production of critically informed artworks.
- Students acquire and demonstrate the professional skills needed to be successful as practicing artists, entrepreneurs, and productive citizens, including further study at the graduate level.
- Students effectively communicate, orally and in writing, the thoughts behind their choices and decisions concerning content and strategies.
- Students demonstrate proficiency in a number of advanced techniques in their individual studio practice, including a deep familiarity with materials and processes.
- Students demonstrate an awareness that craft/content/format are of equal importance.
Program Requirements (15 credits)
Complete 15 credits from BOOK or PRNT courses.